Pinyin

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 24 21:46:34 CEST 2008

Hi -

So, returning to the topic of this thread, are we confident that Mandarin as
spoken (and consequently rendered into Pinyin) in Taiwan is and shall remain
indistinguishable from that spoken in other regions where Mandarin is spoken?
I'd hate to end up in a situation where someone needs to indicate "this is
Taiwanese usage of Mandarin rendered in Hanyu Pinyin" but our tagging
structure only lets them (incorrectly) say "this is Tongyong Pinyin."

Randy