French orthography on the Internet (Was: BCP47 Appeals process)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Sep 19 15:19:29 CEST 2008

"Lang Gérard" <gerard dot lang at insee dot fr> wrote:

> So there is strictly no hack, but only a raw observation, that we have
> a "new internet french orthograph" that is more and more used in fact,
> specially by children,  because it is  more easy not to have to
> remember with the use of all these diacritics that make the charm (and
> also the cultural touch) of this language.

I can't tell whether you feel it is a legitimate variation or not.

I think you'll need to find some references, on-line or printed, to the
effect that it is legitimate before going any further.  "It's easy not
to have to remember all the diacritics" sounds like either a hack or
habitual bad usage.

http://www.ewellic.org