Addition request: alsatian

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jan 8 22:44:35 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:32:46AM -0800,
 Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft.com> wrote
 a message of 11 lines which said:

> I've lost track of this point:

That's common on this list :-) And that's partly because the proposal
raised some important issues which are currently discussed in the LTRU
working group (see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg09244.html). I
would say that we now wait for LTRU guidance.

> Is there really a need to tag Alsatian distinctly from gsw,

Yes, Alsatian is a distinct dialect of Alemannic (see the references
in the registration form). The issue now is "gsw-alsatian [my original
request] or gsw-FR"?

> or is the issue simply that people don't know what tag they should
> be using for Alsatian content?

That's an issue I have with the gsw-FR counter-proposal.