RE: Progressing beyond borders—making subtags inclusive

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:43:26 CET 2008

O.k. but of course many people's dialects are mixed or multiple:http://www4.uwm.edu/FLL/linguistics/dialect/maps.html

(mine is; thus yielding multiple pronunciations of some words, which might or might not be register-dependent)

But yes, sure, the more subtags the better because storage is getting better; we can store all this information.  But sometimes it's impossible to identify a particular dialect.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com