Proposed modified records for 'cpe' and 'son'

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Tue Dec 30 21:39:13 CET 2008

Note that "cpe" and "son" are codes for language *collections*, and they are
the only
such codes that have a "suppress-script". Collection codes aren't
recommended for
language tagging in the first place, and it is also unclear why these two
codes ever got
a "suppress-script". If collection codes are to have "suppress-script", I
guess a few
other collection codes should have such a field too, if the languages in the
collection
are all written the same script (but that would be a new take on collection
codes,
and how the manage them). Note also that these "suppress-script" fields were
added at a time when the division into collection codes on the one hand, and
macro+individual language codes on the other hand, was unclear (probably not
affecting 'cpe', but maybe affecting 'son').

So I still recommend removing the "suppress-script" field from the records
for 'cpe' and 'son'.

    /kent k