Proposed modified records for 'cpe' and 'son'

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:29:10 CET 2008

Hi, Doug, all:Make sure to remember to insert your correction to item 6 of the form for 'son'
(and I am not sure about removing the suppress script for 'son' in any case; I'd need to research this more or abstain from commenting; I do think we can probably remove the suppress-script for "cpe"):
> The second registration removes the Suppress-Script value of "Latn" from the collective language subtag "son".
Thanks!

Best wishes for the New Year.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com > Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:33:24 -0700> From: "Doug Ewell" <doug at ewellic.org>> Subject: Re: Proposed modified records for 'cpe' and 'son'> > The following two requests, to remove the Suppress-Script from 'cpe' and > 'son', were originated by Kent Karlsson last month. I posted these > forms on November 23 for a two-week review period, but for some reason, > they fell through the cracks. Since I'm usually the one who keeps track > of this stuff, I accept responsibility and apologize for this.> > Even though the review period has now gone on for more than five weeks, > I'd like to wait until the start of the new year before sending them to > Michael to submit to IANA. The urgency to make these changes doesn't > seem overwhelming, and it might be nice to give people a few extra days > to look at them during this busy Western holiday season.> > ----- Original Message ----- > > LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION> File-Date: 2009-01-01> %%> Type: language> Subtag: cpe> Description: Creoles and pidgins, English-based (Other)> Added: 2005-10-16> %%> > ===> > LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM> > 1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell> 2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org> 3. Record Requested:> > Type: language> Subtag: cpe> Description: Creoles and pidgins, English-based (Other)> Comments:> > 4. Intended meaning of the subtag:> > 5. Reference to published description> of the language (book or article):> > 6. Any other relevant information:> > This registration removes the Suppress-Script value of "Latn" from> the collective language subtag "cpe".> > ===> > LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION> File-Date: 2009-01-01> %%> Type: language> Subtag: son> Description: Songhai languages> Added: 2005-10-16> %%> > ===> > LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM> > 1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell> 2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org> 3. Record Requested:> > Type: language> Subtag: son> Description: Songhai languages> Comments:> > 4. Intended meaning of the subtag:> > 5. Reference to published description> of the language (book or article):> > 6. Any other relevant information:> > This registration removes the Suppress-Script value of "Latn" from> the collective language subtag "cpe".> > > --> Doug Ewell * Thornton, Colorado, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14>> Evidently if a mistake is worth making, it is worth making twice.> > The second registration removes the Suppress-Script value of "Latn" from > the collective language subtag "son".> > --> Doug Ewell * Thornton, Colorado, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14> http://www.ewellic.org