4646bis era

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Aug 26 23:14:08 CEST 2008

Michael Everson wrote:

>> There was also the business of "finding" a volunteer for
>> the job of an expert language *subtag* registry reviewer.

> That wasn't hard.

Yes, therefore the quoted "finding".  But there was another
volunteer, and a formal "finding" procedure.

>> The existing language *tag* reviewer had to agree to this
>> redefinition of his job, and the IESG had to appoint him.

> That wasn't hard either

That was harder than the "finding", you were not thrilled by
the "list moderation" part in the approved RFC, or similar.

Late surprises...  I hope you check 4646bis before for such
issues before it's in essence ready.

 Frank