wadegile and pinyin LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORMs

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Aug 26 02:18:03 CEST 2008

Broome, Karen wrote:

> I thought the use of the generic "zh" tag instead of
> "cmn" to indicate variants that only apply to Mandarin
> was a substantive objection.

My copy of the registry has no "cmn" - IMO that can't be
a "substantive objection".  It was a proposal to withdraw
the request until better times, as seen for "erzgeb".

Apparently Mark doesn't want to wait for better times...

> I also think that you deserve some sort of resolution
> of this issue.

...agreed, and I completely forgot how good RFC 4646 is
for such procedural details.  May it prosper.

 Frank