Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 4 19:27:29 CEST 2007

Hi -

Establishment of such guidelines clearly belongs to the ltru WG.
First, there is the question of observing IETF due process in
the development of such guidelines.  Secondly, there is the question
of document "ownership" and publication.  Thirdly, there is the
matter of the ltru WG charter and history.  All of these clearly point
to the ltru WG as the correct place for the development and publication
of such guidelines.

It certainly is the WG's option to leave specific decisions to the
discretion of the LSR, but unless such language already exists in
the BCP, it should not be presumed.

Now please, there's been quite enough meta-discussion.  Let's nail
down the policy on ltru at ietf.org, since it appears that what is
already written is insufficiently clear.

Randy
ltru co-chair