Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Oct 4 17:41:17 CEST 2007

Mark Davis scripsit:

> We clearly need to have policies that make it clear what we are to do, and
> what are reasonable grounds for refusal. The point where we differ is that
> those are established by the LTRU group, with their embodiment being BCP 47.

By all means in this case.  But it is incorrect to suppose that ietf-languages
cannot establish its own policies.  We can, as long as they do not contradict those
specified in the current version of BCP 47.  LTRU is a constitutional
convention, and instances of it come and go; ietf-languages is a permanent
feature of the landscape.

--
Newbies always ask:                             John Cowan
  "Elements or attributes?                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Which will serve me best?"                      cowan at ccil.org
  Those who know roar like lions;
  Wise hackers smile like tigers.                   --a tanka, or extended haiku