Archival of registration forms 1694acad

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 18:11:03 CEST 2007

Hi, again the link to my version of the archived request is below:

http://www.geocities.com/quaiouestenglish/ietftemp/archiveentry1694acad.html

(Again, I've made the references more complete; in one case I've corrected
the spelling as well).
(Again, I hope my characters are properly formatted--UTF-8 Latin-1)

(I've got all Reshat's requests/references cited at ietf for baku1926,
dating back to October, 2006, now saved offline I do believe he had a
spelling correction on his reference and that,
although he cited a Wikipedia file, also he wanted
to cite a pdf file as well.

If it's o.k. I can try to do an entry for his request too!
The remaining ones that I saw go through were:
fonipa, fonupa, and valencia

(I could probably do one or two of these as well; possibly valencia ???)

Thanks:
* * *

Newsgroups: ietf-languages
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/
Redone from :
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2007-January/005725.html

Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c RESUBMISSION
CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com Tue Jan 23 23:55:57 CET 2007

1. Name of requester:  C. E. Whitehead
2. E-mail address of requester: cewcathar at hotmail.com
3. Record Requested:
Type: variant
Subtag: 1694acad
Added: 2007-03-20
Prefix: fr
Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
  l'académie françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
  elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
5. Reference to published description
    of the language (book or article):

* Dictionnaire de l'académie françoise. 4eme ed. (1694).
  Paris/ARTFL Project,
  University of Chicago.
  Retrieved online 2006-2007:
  http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/ACADEMIE/index.htm

* Fénelon, François de Salignac de La Mothe. (1984).
  "Fenelon's Letter to the French Academy:
  with an introduction and commentary".

* Ayres-Bennett, Wendy.  (2004).
  "Sociolinguistic variation in seventeenth-century France:
  methodology and case studies".
  Cambridge, UK ;  New York :  Cambridge University Press,  2004.

*  La Salle, M. S. (de la Salle le jeune, Nicholas).  (1682/1685).
   Journal.
   "Relation de la decouverte que M. de la Salle a faite
   de la Rivière de Mississipi en 1682
   et de son retour jusqu'a Quebec
   et aussi de son voyage de France dans le golfe Mexique
   pour aller chercher l'embouchure du Mississippi en 1684
   qu'elle me fait donnée par le jeune M. de la Salle".
   Texas Treasures.  Texas State Library & Archives Commission.
   Retrieved online 2006-2007:
   http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/giants/lasalle/lasalle-cover.html
   http://teacherweb.com/FL/Cocoa/CEWhitehead/HTMLPage15.stm

6. Any other relevant information:  Language in French text may vary widely
   in the 17th century.

* * *

CHANGES in REFERENCES from my ORIGINAL--let me know how much correction is
Kosher

5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* Joachim du Bellay, La deffence et illustration de la langue francoyse,

1549; ed critique by Henri Chamard, Geneve, Slatkine Rpt. 1969

* Jean Nicot, "Thresor de la langue francoyse" 1606; ARTFL Project,
University of Chicago:
http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/TLF-NICOT/index.htm

6. Any other relevant information: [Omitted since not that relevant]

5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* Dictionnaire de l'académe françoise, 4eme ed. 1694; RTFL Project,
University of Chicago:
http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/ACADEMIE/index.htm

* Fénelon, François de Salignac de La Mothe (1984), Fenelon's Letter to
the
French Academy : with an introduction and commentary.

* Ayres-Bennett, Wendy (2004), Sociolinguistic variation in
seventeenth-century France : methodology and case studies.

also: