Archival of registration forms 1606nict

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 17:59:42 CEST 2007

Hi:

http://www.geocities.com/quaiouestenglish/ietftemp/archiveentry1606nict.htm
is my html version of the record requested  (I made some changes in the
references; you'll see if you check my notes below or check the original
emailed request which I link to).

Hope the characters are done right.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Newsgroups: ietf-languages
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/
Redone from :
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2007-January/005725.html

Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c RESUBMISSION
CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com Tue Jan 23 23:55:57 CET 2007

1. Name of requester:  C. E. Whitehead
2. E-mail address of requester: cewcathar at hotmail.com
3. Record Requested:
Type: variant
Subtag: 1606nict
Added: 2007-03-20
Prefix: frm
Comments: 16th century French as in Jean Nicot, "Thresor de la langue
  francoyse", 1606, but also including some French similar to that of
  Rabelais
Prefix: frm
Preferred-Value:
Deprecated:
Suppress-Script:
Comments:

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* du Bellay, Joachim.  (1549; rpt. 1969).
  "La deffence et illustration de la langue françoyse".
  Ed critique by Henri Chamard, Geneve, Slatkine Rpt. 1969.

* Nicot, Jean.  (1606). "Thresor de la langue francoyse".
  Paris/ARTFL Project, University of Chicago.
  Retrieved online 2006-2007:
  http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/TLF-NICOT/index.htm

6. Any other relevant information:  French from Rabelais on is distinct from
  earlier
Middle French.

CHANGES in REFERENCES from my ORIGINAL--let me know how much correction is
Kosher

5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* Joachim du Bellay, La deffence et illustration de la langue francoyse,

1549; ed critique by Henri Chamard, Geneve, Slatkine Rpt. 1969

* Jean Nicot, "Thresor de la langue francoyse" 1606; ARTFL Project,
University of Chicago:
http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/TLF-NICOT/index.htm

6. Any other relevant information:  [entry removed because not that
relevant; discussed later]