be-tarask language subtag registration form

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Mar 31 18:20:03 CEST 2007

I don't think that's a good comparison. 'scouse' and 'boont' are in a dimension of variation with many different kinds and degrees of contrast, and they're varieties with fairly narrow focus. (They'd be a better comparison if the request were for some uncommon orthography variant.) Here the point seems (to me) to be to establish a contrast between two widely-used varieties -- which (I gather) might effectively be perceived as a binary contrast. Eastern and Western Armenian seems like a better comparison -- unless I've really got the wrong impression about 'be' orthographies.

Peter