be-tarask language subtag registration form

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Mar 31 17:54:58 CEST 2007

Peter Constable scripsit:

> I definitely think that, if there's a distinction worth coding, then
> both variants need to be coded.

I quite disagree.  We have managed to register 'scouse' and 'boont'
without insisting on a complete registry of the English dialects
and jargons.

Here we have a specific orthography to be registered.  There is need
to discriminate it from the other orthographies, but not to propose
a complete registry of all extant orthographies living and dead.
Time enough for those when someone requests them.

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan