Resend of request for subtag for French variant 1606 / 1606nict another opti

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 21 16:09:10 CET 2007

C.E.,

I've already submitted the information as you requested and as the group
agreed.  Are you proposing to change it now?  This would require a new
two-week review period.

I thought the goal was to get this resolved.

CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Note in the request below that someone has suggested 1606 as an
> alternant for the subtag name;
> I thought it over; 1606nict may be a bit confusing;
> but to try just 1606 does not mesh with the other subtag tagging the
> same kind of historical variation;
> to1606 is English, not French or that might work.
> I decided maybe 1606jn  (jn is for Jean Nicot)
> if everyone is happy;
> and I've made a minor change to the comment line too
> (the other subtags (1606nict or simply 1606) would probably work fine
> though if either is still what most people prefer).

I think "jn" is very obscure, and might imply that the tag should be
applied only to Nicot's works (which calls to mind Harald's point about
"en-GB-1611-Shakespeare-Stratford").

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/