Status?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Mar 20 17:55:20 CET 2007

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> I am in favour of 1694acad and 1606nict too.

Before this, the only similar subtags I know of are de-1901 and
de-1996, used for the German orthography before and after the 1996
spelling reform.  One difference then is that the German subtags
only mention the year, and not the source of authority (Academy or
other).  Has fr-1694 (and fr-1606) been considered as an
alternative to fr-1694acad (and fr-1606nict) and what are the
arguments for and against including "acad" (and nict) in the
subtag?

Let me emphasize that I have no opinion with regards to the French
language.  I'm just observing and learning how this
standardization process evolves, so that I can understand it if
and when it were to be used for Scandinavian languages.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)