Status?

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 20 07:25:33 CET 2007

Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo dash inc dot com> wrote:

> From the archive:
>
> ---
> Type: Variant
> Subtag:  1694acad
> Prefix: fr
> Preferred-Value:
> Deprecated:
> Suppress-Script:
> Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
>     l'acad&#xe9;me fran&#xe7;oise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
>     elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period

I still don't like the long, encyclopedic comments, but I appear to have
lost this battle and I can live with it.

> Type: Variant
> Subtag: 1606nict

Please, let's do away with this question mark.  It will merely make the
user unsure of the purpose of the tag.  Better to just say "(before
1606)" in the spirit of ISO 639 descriptions, which also assign
more-or-less precise boundary dates.

> Prefix: frm
> Preferred-Value:
> Deprecated:
> Suppress-Script:
> Comments: 16th century French as in Jean Nicot, "Thresor de
>     la langue francoyse" 1606;

Was something supposed to appear after this semicolon?  I suggest
removing it.

If nobody has any objections, I'll send Official Registration Forms with
these minor changes (and some tiny mechanical ones, like lowercasing
"variant") to the list and to Michael.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/