Mark Davis is unhappy with the LSR
mark.davis at icu-project.org
Sat Mar 10 18:39:54 CET 2007
The goal for the LSR should be to have the best person in that role, as I'm
sure that you will agree. My proposal was to have a term of 2 years, with
candidates assessed as to to the degree that they are:
1. Organized, responsive, and timely
2. Polite and considerate; giving due consideration to all reasoned
points of view
3. Completely familiar with all technical aspects and requirements of
4. Aware of the usage of BCP 47 tags in practice, in HTML, HTTP, XML,
5. Able to draw upon and assess the contributions of language experts
in order to come to consensus.
Of course, the same person could serve indefinitely as long as that person
(perhaps you) was the best of the available candidates.
On 3/8/07, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
> Mark said: "4. I'm unhappy about the omissions of changes to the LSR
> term. Our goal should be to have the best possible LSR. If that
> happens to be the current holder, fine, but off the top of my head I
> can think of several much more qualified candidates."
> I wonder (without rancour) if this is because I have opposed some of
> his proposed subtags, here and with ISO 15924.
> Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com
> Ietf-languages mailing list
> Ietf-languages at alvestrand.no
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ietf-languages