Variant tags for sl-rozaj: standardized Resian

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:41:53 CEST 2007

han.steenwijk at unipd.it
Tue Jul 10 13:48:12 CEST 2007

wrote:

>On several occasions, people chose not to use Standard Resian, preferring
>the standardized form of their local dialect. It has even been proposed to
>teach all four major local dialects in their standardized form at school.

>Han

Thanks for info.

So, how often is Standard Resian used?  Do you have any information?  You
mentioned that several
people had adopted the orthography in their writing and that it was also
adopted by some government bodies
(I suppose the latter prefer its neutrality and are glad to have a single
form for all four dialects!)

Also is there a spoken form for this orthography?  I gather not.

Just curious.

I think the subtag will be especially useful to the government then, and to
some writers who do not want to write in what is just their own local
dialect.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com