Valencian registration

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 25 14:49:58 CET 2007

Misha Wolf <Misha dot Wolf at reuters dot com> wrote:

> It is true that ISO 3166-2 contains a code "VC" in the row for
> Valencia.  But the *ISO 3166-2 code* for Valencia is ES-V.

Gabriel's original request used the ISO 3166-2 code element "VC" as the
subtag.  This is not relevant to the subtag "valencia" now being
proposed, so I suggest we simply delete any references to ISO 3166-2.

If there are still questions about whether the subtag should refer to
"Valencia" versus "Comunidad Valenciana," that can be resolved
separately without bringing 3166-2 into it.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/