Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c RESUBMISSION

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 23:55:57 CET 2007

1. I hope my new subtag registration forms (below) are short enough.
I can certainly remove the links from the references as I have removed them
from the descriptions!
And if you only want one reference, I guess let it be the dictionary.
2.  Might add to comments (if you like)
an intended use is to distinguish the Middle/Early Modern French language in
untranslated 16th/17th century [French, New France] texts from that in those
translated into modern French.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

(It seems for other subtag registrations, fonipa, fonupa in particular, that
we decided on when I first joined, the group was able to make a few minor
modifications to the subtag without the original sender's resubmitting.  But
I guess this way I have more control.)

* * *

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
1. Name of requester:  C. E. Whitehead
2. E-mail address of requester: cewcathar at hotmail.com
3. Record Requested:
Type: Variant
Subtag:  1606Nict
         (or alternately 16siecle)
francoyse" 1606; ARTFL Project, University of Chicago.
Prefix: frm
Preferred-Value:
Deprecated:
Suppress-Script:
Comments:

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* Joachim du Bellay, La deffence et illustration de la langue francoyse,
1549; ed critique by Henri Chamard, Geneve, Slatkine Rpt. 1969

* Jean Nicot, "Thresor de la langue francoyse" 1606; ARTFL Project,
University of Chicago:
http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/TLF-NICOT/index.htm

6. Any other relevant information:
See second request below

2. E-mail address of requester: cewcathar at hotmail.com
3. Record Requested:

Type: Variant
Subtag:  1694acad
             (alternately 17siecle)
l'académe françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; includes elements of Middle French;
also new terms from the Americas
Prefix: fr
Preferred-Value:
Deprecated:
Suppress-Script:
Comments:

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
5. Reference to published description
of the language (book or article):

* Dictionnaire de l'académe françoise, 4eme ed. 1694; RTFL Project,
University of Chicago:
http://portail.atilf.fr/dictionnaires/ACADEMIE/index.htm

* Fénelon, François de Salignac de La Mothe (1984), Fenelon's Letter to the
French Academy : with an introduction and commentary.

* Ayres-Bennett, Wendy (2004), Sociolinguistic variation in
seventeenth-century France : methodology and case studies.

also:
* http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/giants/lasalle/lasalle-cover.html
  http://teacherweb.com/FL/Cocoa/CEWhitehead/HTMLPage15.stm

6. Any other relevant information:  Language in French text may vary widely
in the 17th century.