The limit of language codes

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Feb 16 18:16:14 CET 2007

Gerard Meijssen scripsit:

> When we can convince the tool makers that they ALWAYS enter the
> language code as part of the meta data of a document and, when they
> were to allow for all the linguistic entities that are recognised we
> would have a much rosier situtation.

Unfortunately that doesn't really help.  See Doctorow's classic "Metacrap"
rant <http://www.well.com/~doctorow/metacrap.htm>; it's a little overstated,
but content-creators gain little from providing accurate metadata, and
often have much to gain by lying.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths