Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?)

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Thu Dec 13 11:06:57 CET 2007

> In clear, 3 independents 'ortograf' projects. The 3 projects
> have almost the same spelling wich tend to merge more yet.
> Each of the 3 projects have an international audience. They
> are not territorially divided.

I would say: let these efforts converge, and get a stable
user community (which is likely to take a few years), first.

In the meantime, use private use designations for the
variant(s), e.g. fr-x-orto2004 (or something else of
your liking after the "fr-x-" part, as long as the tag
is valid according to the language tag syntax).

If the effort is successful, then come back and ask for
a registered variant subtag.

	/kent k