Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Dec 6 23:21:16 CET 2007

Hello Mario,

In order to register a variant subtag, you need to submit the proper
form, which you can find (along with extremely, perhaps overly, detailed
instructions) in RFC 4646:

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt

Note that the subtag "alt" is not permitted for registration. Variants
are required to be at least four characters long (if they start with a
number) or five characters long (if they start with a letter)... and not
to exceed eight characters in any case.

I hope this helps. Best Regards,

Addison

--