be-tarask

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 24 17:14:14 CEST 2007

Jeremy Carroll <jjc at hpl dot hp dot com> wrote:

> It seems to allow for the word 'classical' to appear in the
> registration, but as a book title; and hence allows us to proceed
> without having to adjudicate on whether that title is or is not an
> appropriate one

Jaska never said it was part of a book title.  This is an unfortunate
misunderstanding that keeps being repeated.  Jaska wrote:

> This is the title given by the book mentioned in references in the
> form.

using the word "title" to mean "more-or-less official name given to the
orthography," and Yury interpreted this as being part of a book title,
which was not Jaska's intent.

I recommend that the Reviewer declare a second two-week review period,
although I don't know if it will accomplish much in getting the two
sides ("definitely must say 'classic'" versus "definitely must not say
'classic'") to agree on this.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/