[Ltru] Re: "mis" update review request

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 14 01:17:42 CEST 2007

I think ISO 639-2 is clear that the most specific category should be used. That principle is implicit in the "(Other)" collections. I also think that principle in combination with collections creates maintenance problems. (Which is why I suggested that all the "(Other)" entries should just be "languages" entries.)

(Btw, I think I suggested some time ago it might not be a bad thing to deprecate use of collection IDs in IETF language tags.)

Peter