be-tarask language subtag registration form

C Eddie Whitehead cewcathar at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 20:45:38 CEST 2007

Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com :

 Michael Everson wrote:

> I would be a little happier if the subtag was tarash or tarashk
> than tarask as it would promote more accurate pronunciation.

On the interesting page http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~np214/lacin.htm
that you've found (thanks) the author states:

  It is natural that Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Croatians, Slovenians,
  Germans, French, Spanish, and all other nations using a [national
  version of] Latin script do not transliterate their words and
  names into say English, such as according to some US Congress
  Library System, but write them as they are, with all the
  diacritics or without.

That would be "tarask" without "sh".  The users should recognize
a subtag as what it is where possible, the correct pronounciation
then simply follows.

Frank

Thanks, Frank;
I would go for either tarask or tarash or tarashk;
but I think then that  I still prefer:

tarask

what do the users of this language think??