LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: USSR Latin (ussrlatn)

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 22 19:50:40 CEST 2006

"Reshat Sabiq (Reşat)" <tatar dot iqtelif dot i18n at gmail dot com>
wrote:

> az-ussrlatn: Birlәşdirilmiş Jeni (1930larda) Türk Әlifbasь
> az-Latn, or az: Birlәşdirilmiş Yeni (1930larda) Türk Әlifbası

At first I noticed that Reşat used a Cyrillic letter, U+044C CYRILLIC
SMALL LETTER SOFT SIGN, in the first line, and thought that might
identify a possible difference between ordinary "Latn" orthographies and
the mixed Latin-Cyrillic one he is describing.

Then I noticed that *both* lines used a Cyrillic schwa, U+04D8, instead
of the Latin equivalent U+018F.  So maybe there is no distinction here
after all.

Apparently Reşat is proposing only one variant subtag, not necessarily
opening the door for a whole set of them with only minor differences
between them.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/