Suppress-Script: Japn for language ja (Japanese)

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Oct 2 20:00:59 CEST 2006

I am not interested in entertaining the suppress-script for Frisian
because it is quite clear that there is no actual need for it. No
evidence has been shown for a need. The original request was avowedly
experimental, and was rejected on those grounds. The proposer has
forgotten about it for months. Why is this being raised here again?

If there is a problem with Suppress-Scripts being missing, the
correct way to address that is not to ask me and IANA to process
hundreds or thousands of submissions, but to build the fix into
4646bis.