Suppress-Script: Japn for language ja (Japanese)

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Oct 2 08:48:45 CEST 2006

Doug Ewell wrote:

> if you want to resubmit your proposals to add a Suppress-Script
> for frr and frs and fy, I won't argue against them.

The proposal / evidence was about frr.  Adding the other two is
possible, and finding evidence for fy is simple, for frs I'm
not sure.

> If you want to propose, based on this, that we evaluate each
> of the 363 primary language subtags in the current Registry
> -- or the 7,067 in the proposed 4646bis Registry -- that do
> not currently have a Suppress-Script, to see if one should be
> added

That wasn't my proposal, it was proposed in the frr rejection:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/2564>

> I'm a volunteer and have to fit this work into my spare time.

Same here, and except from "try to use CLDR _again_ as source"
I've no idea how the "more comprehensive job" to identify some
"more comprehensive set of applications" can work.  John has
reduced this list to a smaller set, but at that point we're
stuck.  A registration template generator would be possible,
but somebody needs to fill in the evidence.

Let's see what happens with ja-Jpan before I submit frr again.

Frank