Frisian renamed to Western Frisian (was: Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn)

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Mar 13 08:52:44 CET 2006

Peter Constable wrote:

> It's not clear to me why Frank thinks it's too late to add a
> comment.

Too late to get this right with the initial addition to the
registry, and IMHO too obscure for a modification request now.

Of course allowed, I'd support it if somebody else starts the
modification procedure.  I didn't find any tagged fy content
when I looked at about five pages.

> I think it is generally useful to add documentation that
> will assist users.

Yes...

>> This would, indeed, reintroduce the concept of a review
>> period for ISO-based additions and changes, though only on
>> that question -- the question of whether to add or change
>> the subtag at all would still not be open.

...and yes, mainly if there's something "interesting" going
on.  A delay of a bit more than two weeks for "interesting"
discussions would be no big deal.

                        Bye, Frank