Gwich'in (was: Re: language tag en-cutspell)

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 24 08:43:08 CEST 2006

Hi Doug (and others) -

Context matters.  The context of that discussion was the generation of
an initial registry, not constraints on the values that could appear
in that field.  The work of the ltru WG is not to second-guess
the experts on ietf-languages at iana.org.   Consequently, FOR PURPOSES
OF INITIALIZING THIS FIELD IN THE REGISTRY, we chose to use the ISO data.
If ietf-languages at iana.org decides that something else would be better,
then by all means it should replace or augment the specific Descriptions
in question.

Randy