language tag en-cutspell

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jun 22 17:45:50 CEST 2006

Michael Everson scripsit:

> The only credible reform for English spelling in my view is that of
> Axel Wijk. See his Regularized English, a very sensible plan.

I agree, personally, but I think that's irrelevant.

> If we are going to go the route of giving tags for English spelling
> reforms, we ought to do several of them. I would not like to appear
> as though we were supporting something as awful as "Cut Spelling"
> over something more reasonable.

By all means propose them, then.  But to register something is not to
support it: consider the situation of 3166/MA, which registers entities
that aren't countries by any other standard.  This "orthografy" has
some number of documents actually available on the Web written in it,
and deserves a variant subtag just as much as Boontling or Scouse.

--
After fixing the Y2K bug in an application:     John Cowan
        WELCOME TO <censored>                   cowan at ccil.org
        DATE: MONDAK, JANUARK 1, 1900           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan