language tag en-cutspell

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jun 22 17:31:02 CEST 2006

What an appalling reform strategy. It looks ugly and illiterate. "th"
for "the" indeed. Rubbish.

The only credible reform for English spelling in my view is that of
Axel Wijk. See his Regularized English, a very sensible plan. If only
the non-native speakers of English worldwide would choose to adopt
it... Or the Simplified Spelling Society for that matter.

If we are going to go the route of giving tags for English spelling
reforms, we ought to do several of them. I would not like to appear
as though we were supporting something as awful as "Cut Spelling"
over something more reasonable.