Language Subtag Registration Form: variant "signed"

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Feb 26 01:52:14 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann scripsit:

> Is that so ?  What's the difference between say en-GB-signed
> and en-IE-signed ?  I'd prefer to skip the regions and just
> say  Prefix: en  if that's good enough.

The fact that in the first case the lexical source for the signs
is British SL, whereas in the second case it's Irish SL.

I continue to believe that signed spoken languages should be
handled with an extension so that both the lexical source
(a SL) and the grammatical source (a spoken language) can be
fully specified.

John Cowan                              cowan at ccil.org
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.ap.org
Thor Heyerdahl recounts his attempt to prove Rudyard Kipling's theory
that the mongoose first came to India on a raft from Polynesia.
        --blurb for Rikki-Kon-Tiki-Tavi