zxx (was: Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Feb 20 17:40:23 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann scripsit:

> > I'd be even happier with "no discernible linguistic content",
> > leaving our options open to shift texts from there into
> > another category, if later 'discerned', but glad anyway to
> > have that much of an accommodation, even as it stands.
>
> Isn't hat covered by "und" ?  We're not supposed to change
> the _description_ of the source, but if you care about it
> you could request "zxx" (as MIA) adding a _comment_

"und" is not "no linguistic content"; it means that the language in
use is unknown.  My upstairs neighbor is at the moment yelling in some
undetermined language, but I don't doubt it *is* language.  My cat,
on the other hand, speaks "zxx".

--
Using RELAX NG compact syntax to        John Cowan
develop schemas is one of the simple    http://www.ap.org