Language subtag modification request: frr Suppress-Script Latn

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sun Feb 12 21:27:03 CET 2006

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I suppose we're getting ahead of ourselves, then.

More like beyond.  Why not simply add what MUST be added, and
start to sort out the dozens of missing Suppress-Scripts ?

> http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/new-subtags.html

Yes, I had bookmarked that, copied your link to the "evidence",
and added Suppress-Script 'Latn' with "evidence" about that.

> This would be the first half of the test drive, registering
> new subtags to keep up with the core standards without
> sacrificing the stability of the registry.

Nothing happened so far with the first part, therefore I took
Addison's hint and tackled the second part.  Of course all
new tags in your collection should ("MUST") be added, and now
is a good time to do this...

> All of this assumes that RFC 3066bis and its registries are
> up and running, which is true according to Martin and others.

...Addison proposed to testdrive the system.  I like tests. ;-)

                            Bye, Frank