Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 12 19:30:46 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> <http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-November/003785.html>
>     frr belongs to a set of language tags added to ISO 639-2
>     between the approval of RfC 3066bis and the creation of
>     the new subtag registry.  It should ("MUST") be added to
>     the new subtag registry as per section 3.3 of 3066bis.

I suppose we're getting ahead of ourselves, then.  Here is a page I've
compiled that describes all of the new ISO 639-based subtags that the
Language Subtag Reviewer MUST act upon, in accordance with Section 3.3:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/new-subtags.html

This would be the first half of the test drive, registering new subtags
to keep up with the core standards without sacrificing the stability of
the registry.  Registering additions and changes based on individual
submissions such as Frank's that are discussed on this list would be the
second half.

All of this assumes that RFC 3066bis and its registries are up and
running, which is true according to Martin and others.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA