Is there a subtag for 'plain English' or 'simplified English'

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Tue Dec 19 22:56:37 CET 2006

On 19 Dec 2006, at 16:55, scríobh Doug Ewell:
> That's still too broad and general.  What is colloquial for a
> church sermon or attorney's letter is unspeakably formal and
> stilted when shouted across a football field...

Fair enough. As a translator and manager of a stable of translators,
I have to deal with everything from legal language, to technical, to
plain English for non-native speakers of English/Irish (I manage to
make life easier for myself and my translators by treating such texts
as  different dialects of English and of Irish).

If you can think of some way of tagging such different texts, fine -
otherwise, better justs forget it!:-)
mg

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)