Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 22:40:36 CET 2006

>Surely 16siecle and 17siecle would be less awful.

+1, thanks for this suggestion.

>I think if so then it will assist us in dealing with the Tatar question,
>which is still vexing.

I don't know what to do about the Tatar question.

If people just want to vote -1 or +1 for the 16siecle and 17siecle tags then
that would decide things I think;
there are two dictionaries Nicot's (1606) might be worthwhile for pinning
most 16th century French to it; the 1694 dictionary of the Academie
francaise might work for the other but I prefer
16siecle and 17siecle.

If they want they can choose between the two options
to tag fr, frm variants, 1606 (or 1606trsr)? and 1694 (or 1606acad) is one
and the other is the 16siecle and 17siecle subtag system available for fr
and frm.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com