Alemanic & Swiss German

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Mon Dec 4 22:18:46 CET 2006

Ok, so far so good. It sounds like we agree that the reference name for gsw
in 639-3 should be "Swiss German", and that that should be the first name
listed in 639-2. What would be the right channels in ISO to get this fixed?

I would also question that "Alemanic" should even be mentioned, since I
really don't think it is common at all to refer to it as "Alemanic" (except
mistakenly), but that is clearly of somewhat lesser importance.

Mark