Request for variant subtag: western

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Aug 30 01:02:33 CEST 2006

Don Osborn scripsit:
> <dumb question>How does this kind of (sub)tag (scouse, boont, etc.) relate
> to the purpose of alpha-4 tags in the proposed ISO-639-6?</dumb question>.

Not dumb at all, just not answerable yet.  We (the RFC 3066 community)
don't yet know how ISO 639-6 code elements will integrate into RFC 3066,
and probably won't have to decide until RFC 3066quater is being considered.
(I say "probably" because 3066ter may take longer than anticipated.)

--
I now introduce Professor Smullyan,             John Cowan
who will prove to you that either               cowan at ccil.org
he doesn't exist or you don't exist,            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
but you won't know which.                               --Melvin Fitting