Request for variant subtag: western

Don Osborn dzo at bisharat.net
Wed Aug 30 00:25:16 CEST 2006

<dumb question>How does this kind of (sub)tag (scouse, boont, etc.) relate
to the purpose of alpha-4 tags in the proposed ISO-639-6?</dumb question>.

Respond offline if that is more appropriate. TIA. Don

PS- To Michael's endless list one can add red, black, white (external
descriptors for ethnic & language names in the case of Bobo/Bwa and Maraka,
though if you get into it, it's not that clearcut, and there are synonyms as
well)