Registration of el-Latn language tag

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Sep 27 15:13:25 CEST 2005

Tex Texin scripsit:

> As we add script subtags to languages, does it generally mean a
> transliteration as opposed to transcription?

In this case, I'd say it means the full spectrum of romanized Greek, from
mediaeval western Greek natively written in the Latin alphabet, to the
various shape-based and sound-based transliterations of today, to Haralambous's
full Latin-alphabet orthography for Greek (which no longer represents the
various historical distinctions:  an i is an i, for example).

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
The present impossibility of giving a scientific explanation is no proof