LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Sep 14 14:40:17 CEST 2005

han.steenwijk at unipd.it scripsit:

> Luc's reasoning is certainly correct, but do not most or all of his arguments in
> favour of el-Latn apply to any widely used language that "at home" is written in
> a non-Latin script, eg. Arab, Armenian, Chinese, Persian, Russian etc.?

Yes.

> Are we going to register tags for all of them or should we wait until RFC
> 3066bis is officially adopted?

We can and should adopt such tags as they are requested.  The evidence is
that we are not buried in such requests.  Since the creation of RFC 1766
ten and a half years ago, we have adopted only 92 tags (and rejected some
undetermined, but small, number), mostly in batches.

--
John Cowan  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com  jcowan at reutershealth.com
Economists were put on this planet to make astrologers look good.