call of order

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Mar 17 07:29:54 CET 2005

Dear Harald,
I start being bored by all this.
I defend the rights of my nation and language, and of other nations and
languages.
I also defend the interests of the users and the work of my organization
against too ostensible competing commercial interests and political influences.

This lead me to:
- disagree with the way this list is organized which does not match RFC 3066.
- disagree with the result that a small group of persons of similar origin
leads its debates.
- disagree with a Draft that group presented and to ask it to be presented
in an IETF way for more exposure, what is now underway

It also happens that I disagree with the restriction of the technical
analysis of the concerned problem, what is my right. In this I know I
represent a point of view of large number outside the IETF community.

This obviously lead to tensions. This list not being moderated, even if I
am patient (may be too much) it obliged me to some affirmative responses to
rude ad-hominems. I made sure that they were correctly weighted in copying
relays to governments of several countries. Their comments and advises have
never objected. To the contrary I received information permitting me to
better assess some of the technical, commercial, political and private
interests at stake (what explains a certain change in my positions). I must
say I understand, and I respect them in most of the cases. If mines are
also equally considered.

I personally only regret the misunderstanding with Michael Eversom who is a
professional I respect but who has been assigned a very difficult task. I
object to the task, not the person.

I therefore ask you to step in for two things as the owner of this list:

1. to make standard netiquette rules respected. The disclosure of private
mail is not an acceptable practice. Ad-hominem can only degenerate.
2. to reorganize this list in accordance with your own RFC 3066 and to get
it the IANA conformance and exposure which will bring experts from all the
concerned languages, countries and concerned commercial interests.

I thank you for your attention.
jfc