Distinguishing Greek and Greek

Addison Phillips addison.phillips at quest.com
Tue Mar 8 19:57:59 CET 2005

8 characters is the maximum per RFC 3066:

   The syntax of this tag in ABNF [RFC 2234] is:

    Language-Tag = Primary-subtag *( "-" Subtag )

    Primary-subtag = 1*8ALPHA

    Subtag = 1*8(ALPHA / DIGIT)

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.