Swiss german, spoken

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Jun 15 17:43:49 CEST 2005

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com wrote:

> does everyone on this list agree that de-CH is NOT the
> code for  Schwyzerdütsch?

Yes, de-CH is the language of the NZZ (a famous CH-newspaper),
and in some cases it degenerates into "I hate ß after
one decade too much with a US-keyboard / card puncher layout".

For the differences between "gsw" and "Alemannisch" I'm lost.

I'm only positive that "de as used near the Sarre (Saar)" is
not "Schwyzerdütsch", and "Mannemeresch" (mentioned on the
LTRU list some days ago) is completely different.  I lived
for some time in Saarbrücken and Mannheim.

Whatever they use in Strasbourg (France, Alsace), AFAIK it's
not "Schyzerdütsch" but maybe it's "Alemannisch".  Bye, Frank