ADMIN: Removing posting rights for Jefsey Morfin

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Wed Jun 15 16:30:36 CEST 2005

After having received complaints today from Doug Ewell and Michael Everson,
I have decided to remove Jefsey Morfin's posting rights to this mailing
list.

I'll restore them around July 15, so that he can show whether or not his
skills in making on-topic, non-inflammatory postings have increased.

This suspension is NOT done as a matter of IETF procedure. It's my doing,
and done because I run this mailing list.
I believe that if the IETF had chosen to make RFC 3934 apply to non-WG
mailing lists, this action would have been within the rights of the person
designated by the IETF in the role corresponding to the WG chair. But I'm
not waiting for the IETF to decide whether or not that is the case.

For the record......

His 13 postings in June so far (over a period of 5 days):

June 11:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003364.html>
- Offtopic, belongs in LTRU
June 11:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003365.html>
- no comment
June 11:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003369.html>
- personal attack, LTRU material
June 12:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003396.html>
- irrelevant material
June 13:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003418.html>
- irrelevant material
June 13:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003422.html>
- LTRU material, personal insult
June 13:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003446.html>
- inflammatory, offtopic, incomprehensible
June 14:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003445.html>
- personal attack, offtopic
June 14:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003452.html>
- no detectable contribution
June 14:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003451.html>
- reply to chastisement
June 14:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003454.html>
- offtopic
June 15:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003468.html>
- offtopic, advertising for his pet project, refusing to respect purpose of
list
June 15:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003470.html>
- offtopic

My conclusion from these messages is that Jefsey Morfin is contributing
nothing to the avowed purpose of this list, is refusing repeated requests
to take his business elsewhere, and is not behaving in a reasoned fashion.

Admonishments received by mr. Morfin include:

June 13, Addison Philips:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003425.html>
June 14, Michael Everson:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003448.html>
(this one is included so that it is completely clear that mr. Morfin can't
be unaware of the effect his style of communication is having)
June 15, Peter Constable:
<http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2005-June/003469.html>

Goodbye, mr. Morfin.

                    Harald Alvestrand