Language Identifier List Comments

David Clarke w3c at dragonthoughts.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 19:12:24 CET 2005

This may be throwing stones in a political minefield:

 From my brief time in Latvia, it was evident that both Russian and
German were commonly spoken there as well as Latvian.

I would extrapolate from that experience that Russian is common in the
former Soviet territories such as Lithuania.
I understand that there is Scots Gaelic (which is different to Irish
Gaelic0 and a Scots language which should come under the GB heading.

There are also probably more Cantonese, Hindi, Gujarati or Punjabi
speakers in Britain, than there are scousers.

I must add that despite being British and living here, my expertise does
not lie in this area.

--
David Clarke
Dragon Thoughts Ltd